Nowadays we can see quite a lot of LED lights that come with battery systems. Most of them have remotes to control them that also run on batteries. Regardless of the types of LEDs or their controllers, we will discuss the ways to open their battery compartment in today’s article. You will also get a brief idea of what a battery compartment is, where it is located, tools needed to open battery compartment on led lights.
What Is a Battery Compartment on LED Lights
The battery compartment on LED lights is a separate chamber reserved for placing batteries. In the case of LED lights, they are located on the plastic portion of the body. If they come with a remote controller, the remote also has a compartment for plugging the battery.
If the remote is thin its battery compartment should be located at the top edge or the bottom edge depending on the model of the controller. If it is thick, there is a high chance the battery compartment is located behind.
Supplies and Material To Open Battery Compartment on LED Lights
Opening the battery compartment on LED Lights is one of the easiest jobs in the world and it does not require any special tools. You can open most of the LED lights, as well as their controller’s battery compartment can be opened simply with your finger force and fingernails.
If you have extremely short nails, you may need to take the help of any tool that has a thin edge to open some specific model’s battery compartment. Some of them can also come up with screw systems on their battery compartments. In that case, you will need a Screwdriver to open them.
How To Open Battery Compartment on LED Lights
To clean LED strip lights, reset LED light remote, or to replace the battery of the wireless remote light switch, you will need to open the battery compartment of the LED light and its remote. To do so, follow the steps below-
Step 1: Identify
First, you need to find out where the compartment of the battery is located.
Step 2: Squeeze
To open up the compartment where the battery is, you will need to squeeze the little black tab on the back bottom left of the remote in towards the larger black tab next to it. Squeeze the little tab
Step 3: Pull Out
Once you squeeze, pull the compartment out with your finger or nail, and it should slide out.
Step 4: Screws
In case the compartment is locked with any screw, you need to unscrew it with a screwdriver before you squeeze the tab.
There you are.That’s how to open battery compartment on LED lights regardless of their models.
To make your LED light last longer or to avoid any self-injury, you need to take some precautions while you open the battery compartment on LED lights. It is always better to stay safe than sorry. You can follow the measures mentioned below as a precaution-
1. Dry Hands: Make sure your hand is not wet when you touch the light or the battery. It can damage them.
2. Nail injury: You need to be careful when you squeeze the small tab attached to the slider of the battery compartment, Otherwise it can cause injury to your nails.
3. Sharp Edge: If you are working with a screwdriver, pay special attention to its sharp edges to prevent accidents.
4. Fragile Tab: Some sliders on the battery compartment may not be that durable. So, you need to be careful not to press too hard. Otherwise, they would break.
5. Battery Selection: You need to use the original/authentic batteries on the LED lights/their remotes. Also, beware not to make any modifications to those batteries. It can explode.
6. Maintenance: It is recommended to check up on your LED lights once in a while, clean them and replace their batteries as soon as they stop working to prolong their lifespan.
How to extend battery life on LED Lights?
To prolong your battery life in LED lights, do the following-
1. Turn the LED lights off when you are not using them
2. Automate them using a motion sensor kit. It will automatically switch on the light when it detects motion and auto switches them off.
3. Never add any modifications to the battery. It reduces the lifespan of your batteries.
4. Do not touch batteries with wet hands. It can ruin them as well as make them rusty.
5. Do not try to recharge your batteries without making sure whether they actually support recharging.
The Best Battery for LED Lights
AAA and AA models, both are used in LED lights depending on their models. They can power numerous LED lights at once. Both AA and AAA batteries are 1.5 Volts. If you want to replace the batteries of the remote controller, we would suggest you go for CR2025 Coin Cell Batteries. They are usually 3 volts.
If you follow the steps mentioned above with precautions, it should be a piece of cake for you to open the batteries since by now you already know how to open battery compartment on LED lights. No matter what type of LED light or the light remote you are using, they will share the same process mentioned in this article if you want to remove their battery compartment.
How To Remove Ceiling Light Cover
How to Reset LED Lights Remote
How to Connect Multiple LED Lights to One Switch
I am a fellow LED light enthusiast who has completed his Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering and now has been doing my Master’s on the same subject. Born in 1994, I am a big fan of shiny things since I was just four years old!